Cheltenham 2017 Day 2 – Coral Cup Grade 3 Handicap Hurdle)
14.50 Coral Cup (Grade 3 Handicap Hurdle) (Class 1) (4YO plus) 2m 5f
A cracking field of 20+ will go to post over the same 2m 5f trip as the earlier Neptune. With only one winning favourite in the last 16 years…. it’s a favourites graveyard, we welcome looking outside the leading fancy. It’s the significant handicap of the second day of the Festival and the trends indicate the unexposed types do well.
Let’s check the stats and trends for this one….
- 14 from last 17 winners were top 6 LTO
- Favours 2nd season hurdlers and LTO winners (6 winners from last 13)
- Aged 5-9
- Only 2 from last 15 have one more than one handicap
- Rated 140 – 149
- Last two runs ran at 137+
- 0-7 runs this season
- Finished top tow LTO
- 0-3 previous course Cheltenham runs
- Betfair Hurdle has produced three winners and two runners-up from the last 11
- Gordon Elliot has won two of the last six runnings
- Nicky Henderson has won two of the last seven runnings
- Philip Hobbs: 2/22 with 5 top 6 finishers
- Jonjo O’Neill: 0/14, 5 places
Available to members only……Cheltenham selections will be mailed out to our Premium Service subscribers only……
Sign Up below…….for our monthly £10 subscription….opt out any time
or just go straight ahead with the annual subscription at £75.00….less that £1.50/per week!!!!!