Cheltenham 2017 Day 3 – JLT Novices Chase
13:30 The JLT Novices’ Chase (Registered As The Golden Miller Novices’ Chase) (Grade 1) (5yo+, 2m 4f)
The first race on day 3 with many trainers waiting to the final minute before deciding if their horses will take in the JLT or step up in trip to the RSA Chase or even step down to the Arkle so is always a difficult ante-post market for one of the newest races added to the Festival card in 2011.
It’s a 20f chase for novices and Irish-based horses have taken 5 of the 6 runnings with Taquin De Seuil being the only winner based in Great Britain, when he took it in 2014.
Let’s check the stats and trends for this one….
- Course or previous festival form is a +
- Last 5 had ran in last 45 – 60 days
- Winner of a pattern race over hurdles
- Last 5 winners finished Top 2 LTO
- Aged 6 or 7 maximum
- top two finishes in previous chase runs
- Rated 150+
- Won at 24f
- 3 to 5 chase runs this season
- Previous festival hurdle form
- Previous race pointers
- Irish Arkle or Racing Post Novice Chase both ran at Leopardstown
- Tattersalls Champion Novice Hurdle ran at Punchestown
Available to members only……Cheltenham selections will be mailed out to our Premium Service subscribers only……
Sign Up below…….for our monthly £10 subscription….opt out any time
or just go straight ahead with the annual subscription at £75.00….less that £1.50/per week!!!!!