Cheltenham 2017 – Racing Post Arkle Challenge Trophy Chase
14:10 The Racing Post Arkle Challenge Trophy Chase (Grade 1) (5yo+, 2m)
A fierce run 2 miler to follow the Supreme Novices that has been won by some top class chasers going on to become Champion Chase winners with the likes of; Moscow Flyer, Azertyioup, Voy Por Ustedes & Sprinter Sacre.
Could last year’s winner Douvan replicate those achievements later this week?
Let’s check the stats and trends for this one….
- Class appears to count with short priced favourites scoring well (under 8/1 in market)
- Age doesn’t appear to matter with 5 and 6 year olds dominating, mainly because that is the age range of entries
- Days since last run: 60 – 90 days have had 11 wins/places in last 18 years
- Last eighteen winners have proved themselves in an extended finish by winning at more than this 16f trip
- Fourteen out of the last sixteen winners had a rating of 142 and over and five of these were the highest rated chaser in the race
- 27 of the last 27 winners finished either first or second in the last race before the festival
- Nine out of the last thirteen winners had either won or been placed at the Cheltenham Festival before, predominantly novice hurdles
- Only three winners since 1976 did not have a prep run in the eight weeks leading up to the race
- Only five favourites in the last 24 running’s of the Arkle have won the race
- Ten of the last fifteen winners had won a novice chase by the first week in December
- Trial pointers include the November Novices’ Chase, Henry VIII Novices’ Chase or Wayward Lad Novices’ Chase/ Irish Arkle and or Irish Racing Post Novice Chase
- 2 to 4 chase runs this season
- Never finished out of the first 2 over fences
- RPR of 153+ on last 2 starts
- Winner of a grade 1 or 2 chase
- Rated 140+ over hurdles and finished in first 3 in a grade 1 or 2 hurdle
Available to members only……Cheltenham selections will be mailed out to our Premium Service subscribers only……
Sign Up below…….for our monthly £10 subscription….opt out any time
or just go straight ahead with the annual subscription at £75.00….less that £1.50/per week!!!!!