Cheltenham Day 1 – They’re off
Tuesday 11 March 2014….and it’s Cheltenham Day 1….as you know we’re not big fans of festival betting, relying on the bits of information we receive from the minor gambling meetings up and down the country.
However, it’s the major National Nunt festival of the year and appreciate the quality and class on show so we will put our selections view forward based on class and form and rather than information we are receiving which can be wildly inaccurate at best.
We do however have our regular ‘Turfmeister’ contributor for our Irish information……his selections have been unquestionable this year so we will post his advices when he feels fit.
Yesterday we published the Day 1 stats from ‘What Really Makes Money’ to maybe influence your selections, here they are again, together with the best offers from the bookmakers and our selections……
- Only two favourites have won in 19 meetings – Irving and Vautour fight out favouritism
- 15 of the last 17 winners won last time out – include Vautour, Wicklow Brave, Vaniteux, Gilgamboa, Valseur lido, Faugheen, Pearl Castle, Lac Fontana, Splash of Ginge, Art of Payroll, Sgt Reckless, Three Kingdoms, Un Ace, Sky Khan.
- No 4-year-old has won in the last ten years – exclude Pearl Castle.
- No 9, 10 or 11-year-olds have won since 1966 – none.
- The Irish have won nine of the last 15 runnings – include Vautour, Wicklow Brave, Gilgamboa, Valseur Lido, Western Boy, Faugheen, Art of Payroll, Lieutenant Colonel, Renneti, QuickPick Vic.
- The last ten winners all ran in the past 55 days – eliminate Josses Hill, Valseur Lido, Western Boy, Faugheen, The Liquidator, Garde la Victoire, Renneti, Three Kingdoms.
- Four of the last five winners were priced at 10/1 or 12/1.
- Faugheen is 7/1 with PaddyPower and Boylesport, yet 20/1 with Ladbrokes.
- PaddyPower are offering YOUR money back if your selection finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th!!!!!
We go, VANITEUX (EW) at a best priced 12/1 with PaddyPower….a strong chance for Nicky Henderson and a winning start for the home team and a money back from Paddy if it finishes in the first 4!
- The last ten winners were all priced at 9/1 or lower – include Champagne Fever, Rock on Ruby, Dodging Bullets, Trifolium, Valdez.
- Nine of the last ten winners were aged between 5 and 8 years old – exclude Rock on Ruby.
- Nine of the last ten winners finished in the first two on all completed chase starts – include Rock on Ruby, Dodging Bullets, Trifolium, Valdez, Hinterland, Grandouet, Felix Yonger, Djakadam, Arnaud, Vukovar, Brick Red.
- Nine of the last ten winners had a pre-race RPR of at least 151 – exclude Ted Veale, Western Warhorse.
- Nine of the last ten winners have previously raced at Cheltenham – exclude Djakadam, Mozoltov, Vukovar, Next Sensation.
The disappointing last time out GRANDOUET is selected put put things right at a best priced 12/1 with BetFred….and another strong chance for Nicky Henderson!
- Only one horse has won carrying more than 10 stone 12 pounds – exclude Twirling Magnet, Our Father, Vesper Bell, Buddy Bolero, Vintage Star, Green Flag, Ma Filleule, Ackertac, Tap Night, Holywell, Annacotty, Hadrian’s Approach, Golden Chieftan, Restless Harry, Rigadin de Beauchene, Pacha du Polder, Make a Track, Vino Griego, Toner D’oudaires, Cantlow, Hunt Ball.
- The last ten winners were all rated between 129 and 143 – exclude Tap Night, Holywell, Annacotty, Hadrian’s Approach, Golden Chieftain, Restless Harry, Rigadin de Beauchene, Pacha du Polder, Make a Track, Vino Griego, Toner D’oudaires, Cantlow.
- All of the winners have been aged between 7 and 10 – exclude Alfie Sherrin, The Package, Fruity O’Rooney, Fine Parchment, Tullamore Dew.
- Only one favourite has won in 10 years – exclude Alfie Sherrin, The Package, Fruity O’Rooney, Fine Parchment, Tullamore Dew.
- Three double-figure odds winners in the last four years – exclude Cantlow.
TOUR DES CHAMPS shaped well last time and can prove he is well handicapped by coming out on top and at a best priced 16/1 with BetFred
- The Irish have trained the winner of the last six years – include Hurricane Fly, Our Conor, Jezki, Un de Sceaux, Thousand stars, Captain Cee Bee.
- Nine of the last ten winners have previously finished at least fourth at the festival – include Hurricane Fly, The New One, Our Conor, My Tent or Yours, Jezki, Melodic Rendezvous, Ptit Zig, Grumeti, Thousand Stars, Captain Cee Bee.
- Only two favourites in the last seven have won, and that was Hurricane Fly in two of the last three years – exclude Hurricane Fly and the New One – they are the two joint favourites as I write.
- 25 of the last 30 winners won last time out – include Hurricane Fly, My Tent or Yours, Un de Sceaux, Melodic Rendezvous.
- Ten of the last 11 winners were aged between 6–9 years – exclude Hurricane Fly, Thousand Stars, Captain Cee Bee.
- If HURRICANE FLY comes first or second in Tuesday’s Champion Hurdle, Ladbrokes will refund all losing win bets up to £/€25 as a free bet!
- PaddyPower are offering 8/1 from industry standard 11/4 on THE NEW ONE!!
THE NEW ONE looks like he’ll appreciate a stiff finish which can prove good enough for him to secure the Champion Hurdle crown for a new generation at an industry best priced 8/1 with PaddyPower
- Quevega has won the last five runnings of this race.
- Quevega is 4/7 favourite………If the Willie Mullins’ trained Quevega wins the David Nicholson Mares Hurdle – she is unbeaten in the race since 2009 – Betfred will refund all losing stakes up to £25.
- Get on their offer >>>>HERE<<<<
Virtually a free bet here because we can’t see past QUEVEGA…..so go for CAILIN ANNAMH who could have each-way claims at a best priced 14/1 with PaddyPower
- Three consecutive favourites have won the last three runnings – Foxrock is the current favourite. This might change as we near the day.
- All of the last ten winners were placed first or second in a chase over 3 miles – exclude Living Next Door.
- All of the last ten winners have run at least three times over fences – exclude Ballycasey, Suntiep.
- Just two 5/6-year-old horses winning since 1989 – Foxrock and Rogue Angel.
- Nine of the last 12 runners finished first or second last time out – include Midnight Prayer, Merlin’s Wish, Herdsman, Milborough, Wrong Turn, Suntiep, Holywell, Corrin Wood, Black Thunder, Toby Lerone, Shotgun Paddy, Ballycasey, Foxrock.
- Paul Nicholl’s runners tend to struggle – include Black Thunder, Just a Par.
We go for SHOTGUN PADDY whose jumping was a delight last time out, although needs to prove himself on this faster going and a best priced 5/1 with BetFred
- Only two favourites have won in nine runnings – Pendra is the current favourite.
- Three double-figure odds winners in the last four runnings – exclude Pendra.
- All winners were aged between 5 and 8 – exclude Firm Order, Dark Lover, Manyriverstocross, Renard D’irlande.
- Eight of the last nine runners were placed in the first two last time out – include Manyriverstocross, Persian Snow, Ericht, Dunlough Bay, Ahyaknowyerself, Bobcatbilly, The Way We Were, Wrong Turn, Buywise, Saroque, The Romford Pele, Cause of Causes, Buthelezi, Festival Affair, Up and Go, Dursey Sound, Authinger, Present View, Beforeall, Une Artiste, Indian Castle.
- The Irish have only won this race once – exclude Sizing Machine, Cause of Causes, Art of Logistics, Authinger, Wrong Turn, Living Next Door, Balnaslow, Passage Vendome, King Vuvuzela, The Way We Were.
We go for CLOSE HOUSE whose jumping has been a bit ‘iff’y over the bigger sticks but still a good EW priced 16/1 with BetFred
All the best with YOUR betting today….
Plus remember those special offers from our partners included above……
BETFRED …..offering special enhanced odds and bonuses throughout the festival to help you increase your winnings!
There’s also that other tempting offer, “If the Willie Mullins’ trained Quevega wins the David Nicholson Mares Hurdle – she is unbeaten in the race since 2009 – Betfred will refund all losing stakes up to £25.”
Get on their offers >>>>HERE<<<<
Gold Cup Betting…..[table “12” not found /]
Cheltenham Jockeys Title….[table “11” not found /]
Check the long term stats and profits and a full review of this and last seasons selections can be found by following the link below:
View all Horse Racing betting
Watch Live Sports Free – Live Streaming
Log in here to watch sports live free streaming
To add to the In-Play excitement, bet365 stream over 50,000 events live to your PC every year – so you can bet as the action unfolds. Highlights include Masters Series Tennis tournaments and matches from some of the top domestic Soccer leagues in the world.
Watch live football streaming from: Serie A & Coppa Italia (ITA) 1. & 2. Bundesliga (GER) Liga Sagres (POR) UEFA Cup and other international leagues…
Watch Sports Live Free – Bet365 also offer streaming from other sports events including Tennis, Basketball, Handball, Table Tennis, Volleyball and more…
Sign Up HERE to start watching high quality streaming for free…