Cheltenham Gold Cup Day
Day 4 – Friday 14 March 2014 and it’s Cheltenham Gold Cup Day to cap off a real BOOOOMER of a week with our recommended EW doubles…..
Profits every day, yesterday…..BOOOOOOOOOM….1
As ever, we’re providing stats to make the selections from ‘What Really Makes Money’ to maybe influence your selections, here they are again, together with the best offers from the bookmakers and our selections for Cheltenham Gold Cup Day……we’re just going with selections for the first four races finishing with The Cheltenham Gold Cup…..plus there’s one from our Irish Correspondent, The Turfmeister…..keep reading
Don’t Miss…a late offer From Betfair……..<<<FREE £10 bet on the GOLD CUP>>>>
Today’s review and statistics for Cheltenham Gold Cup Day are as follows: –
- Only one favourite has won since 2000 – Calipto is the current favourite.
- Nine of the last ten winners won last time out – includes Calipto, Le Rocher, Activial, Broughton, Guitar Pete, Rutherglen, Pearl Castle, Gitane du Berlais, Abbyssial, Lindenhurst, Akdam.
- The Irish have only trained one winner in the last 10 years – exclude Achtung, Guitar Pete, Lindenhurst, Adriana des Mottes, Abbyssial, Streak, Plinth.
Calipto is the likely favourite but is his form worth risking on the faster ground at around 7/2. He beat some non-entities last time out, so we’ll look for better EW value with RUTHERGLEN. He’s three from three over timber and a dual distance winner….with an outing on the polytrack he should be fresh and in with a shout in a race like this at a great EW price of 12/1 with PaddyPower.
- Only two favourites have won in the last 10 years – Arctic Fire is the current favourite.
- Eight of the last ten winners were priced at 10/1 or bigger –Arctic Fire & Cheltenian are the only horses under 10/1.
- Eight of the last ten winners were aged 5 or 6 – exclude Strongpoint, Dunraven Storm, Tzora, Anay Turge, Cheltenian, Citizenship, Rainbow Peak, Master of the Game, Alaivan, Leviathan, Thomas Edison, Makari, Montbazon, Jumps Road, Morning Royalty, Deep Trouble.
ARCTIC FIRE is Ruby Walsh´s choice which gives a good indication. He has good form on drying ground and is potentially well handicapped based on his close third in the Grade 1 Royal Bond on good to yielding earlier that month and a great Ruby Walsh price of 8/1 with PaddyPower.
- Eight of the last nine winners have come from the first five in the betting – the current top 5 include Briar Hill, Kings Palace, Faugheen, Red Sherlock, and Captain Cutter. These are liable to change with inflows of bets struck.
URBAN HYMN showed enough when beating Sausalito Sunrise at Doncaster and should be a good EW shout. He rallied when headed in that race showing some good determination to get up and a best priced 20/1 with BetFred
3.20 p.m. – The Cheltenham Gold Cup
- All of the last ten winners were 8/1 or lower – this makes this a three-horse race at time of writing, with Bob’s Worth, Silvaniaco Conti, and Last Instalment.
- Six of the last ten runnings have been won by the favourite – Bob’s Worth is the 6/4 favourite currently, with Silvaniaco Conti breathing down his neck at 5/2.
- All of the last ten winners have won a Grade One Chase – exclude Trio D’alene, The Giant Bolster, Katenko, Knockara Beau.
It’s difficult to go against defending champion Bobs Worth, who is five from five at the track and will be powering up the hill if he gets a clear round. Not the most fluid of jumpers we’re going against the favourite and a nice EW bet on THE GIANT BOLSTER who was fourth here last year. With an overall good record at The Festival and the ground drying in his favour he should have place claims at a best priced 16/1 with BetFred or get FREE £10 bet with BETFAIR at 14/1 for the GOLD CUP
Best of luck today…
All the best with YOUR betting today….
Plus remember those special offers from our partners included above……
BETFRED …..offering special enhanced odds and bonuses throughout the festival to help you increase your winnings!
Get on their offers >>>>HERE<<<<
Check the long term stats and profits and a full review of this and last seasons selections can be found by following the link below:
View all Horse Racing betting
Watch Live Sports Free – Live Streaming
Log in here to watch sports live free streaming
To add to the In-Play excitement, bet365 stream over 50,000 events live to your PC every year – so you can bet as the action unfolds. Highlights include Masters Series Tennis tournaments and matches from some of the top domestic Soccer leagues in the world.
Watch live football streaming from: Serie A & Coppa Italia (ITA) 1. & 2. Bundesliga (GER) Liga Sagres (POR) UEFA Cup and other international leagues…
Watch Sports Live Free – Bet365 also offer streaming from other sports events including Tennis, Basketball, Handball, Table Tennis, Volleyball and more…
Sign Up HERE to start watching high quality streaming for free…