Liverpool v Manchester City: Sunday April 13th, 13:37
It’s Liverpool v Manchester City today in a game that could determine the fate of the Premier League if either side wins, plus another great offer….
Check it out <<<<<<£10 Free Bet If Suarez Scores Anytime + £50 Free Bet>>>>>>
Both teams are in blistering form at the moment. Liverpool are on a run of nine consecutive wins, whilst Manchester City have lost just one of their last twenty league games, and between them these sides have found the net 174 times this season.
But whereas a draw would not be the end of the world for the visitors, a win is essential for Liverpool and that could give them the edge. The home side’s ferocious pressing game could put City on the back foot.
So, could it be happening, we been saying that after 24 years since Liverpool won a league title, Brendan Rodgers and his players are undoubtedly now in a race for the crown.
Liverpool in beating West Ham in a difficult, sticky game last time out, similar to the manner in which they beat a Sunderland side fighting for their lives, the Reds now know that a defeat of Man City would give them a huge chance.
They’re sky-high on confidence and were unlucky to be on the wrong end of a 2-1 scoreline at the Etihad earlier in the season. Rodgers knows his team could have won that game, and can indeed beat anyone at home.
With Daniel Agger expected to be back in the matchday squad after injury, they also have the boost of an almost a full strength side to choose from.
Manchester City already have the Capital One Cup already in the bag, this won’t be a trophyless debut season in English football for Manuel Pellegrini, but he knows that the League Cup won’t be enough on its own to sate the appetite of expectant fans and owners.
So, the league title has huge significance for a team and manager chock full of quality then, but Pellegrini and his charges know they need to avoid defeat here at Anfield to give themselves their best chance of glory.
Sergio Aguero is expected to be back in the squad for this game, and Yaya Toure should shake off a knock and so City will also have just about a clean bill of health going into Sunday’s lunchtime kick off. Matija Nastasic will be the only player missing.
- Manchester City are unbeaten in their last five league games against Liverpool (W2, D3).
- Liverpool have lost only once in 16 Premier League games at home to City (W10, D5) – a 2-1 defeat in 2003.
- The two clubs have scored 92 first-half goals between them: Liverpool 55, Manchester City 37. The next highest is Chelsea with 28.
- The Reds are unbeaten in their last 14 Premier League matches, winning the last nine. They have score 46 goals during this unbeaten period, an average of 3.2 goals per game.
- Liverpool picked up seven points against the five teams they are still to play from the reverse fixtures earlier this season.
- Brendan Rodgers’ side have won all four home meetings with fellow members of the top seven so far this season, scoring 14 and conceding just once.
- Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge have scored 49 goals this season – the only strike partnership in Premier League history to score more in a season is Peter Beardsley and Andy Cole for Newcastle in 1993-94 (55 goals).
- Rodgers’ side have failed to score in just two of their 33 league matches.
- Steven Gerrard has provided a league-high seven assists from dead-ball situations this season.
- Manchester City accrued 15 points from the seven teams they are still to play in the reverse fixtures from earlier this season.
- City’s only defeat in their last 20 league games (W16, D3) was 1-0 at home to fellow title-chasers Chelsea two months ago.
- They have not lost in their last 10 away league matches (W7, D3).
- Manuel Pellegrini’s men have conceded in back-to-back league games, having previously kept five consecutive Premier League clean sheets.
- Sergio Aguero has scored in five successive Premier League appearances and has netted six league goals in his last six away games.
Liverpool will go into this game as favourites and are currently trading at 2.44 to win. This is understandable when we take into account that they’ve won nine and drawn one of their last ten games, sit atop the division and have lost just one home game all season.
Man City’s away record is decent, but it’s not standout, and there are four teams (Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester United) with better records on the road.
City’s form is also slightly less impressive than Liverpool’s, and the market accurately reflects this. The visitors are priced at 3.05, which is just about as high as you’ll see them all season. The Draw is 3.65.
It’s a bit of a scary prospect betting against City, but the Reds have won all four of their home meetings against top seven sides and conceded just one goal.
Liverpool are imperious at Anfield and getting them at a big odds-against price at home is too tempting to pass up.
The weakest areas for both these sides are at the back without question but the over 2.5 goals market reflects this at a measly but altogether expected 1.59.
We have had a few pick ups with Liverpool and City in the over 3.5 goals and that’s a far more attractive 2.36.
Feeling really brave?……over 4.5 goals is at 4.2 which seems over-priced but consider this. Liverpool’s league games alone this season have seen 130 goals, and Man City’s 113. That’s 3.93 and 3.64 goals per game respectively.
Liverpool have been awarded the most penalties in the Premier League this season with 12, and Manchester City have been awarded the second most – seven. Back Yes in the Penalty Taken is on at around 3.25.
From the above comments about penalties, Steven Gerrard has thirteen goals is his best return for five seasons . The majority of his goals have come from penalties, so is currently 12.5 in the First Goalscorer market.
Get up to £500 of FREE BETS from our betting partners…
Check out<<< Here>>>
Watch Live Sports Free – Live Streaming
Log in here to watch sports live free streaming
To add to the In-Play excitement, bet365 stream over 50,000 events live to your PC every year – so you can bet as the action unfolds. Highlights include Masters Series Tennis tournaments and matches from some of the top domestic Soccer leagues in the world.
Watch live football streaming from: Serie A & Coppa Italia (ITA) 1. & 2. Bundesliga (GER) Liga Sagres (POR) UEFA Cup and other international leagues…
Watch Sports Live Free – Bet365 also offer streaming from other sports events including Tennis, Basketball, Handball, Table Tennis, Volleyball and more…
Sign Up HERE to start watching high quality streaming for free…