Liverpool v Sunderland: Premier League
It’s Liverpool v Sunderland from Anfield in a Saturday 3pm kick off with the Reds looking for a third win on the bounce for the first time this season…
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers must decide whether to rest Steven Gerrard, with Tuesday’s must-win Champions League game in mind.
Philippe Coutinho is fit again and Jose Enrique could feature as he continues to be eased back after a knee injury.
Sunderland’s Adam Johnson and Wes Brown are set to return after missing the midweek game with minor knocks.
Steven Fletcher is doubtful with a back injury while on-loan Sebastian Coates is ineligible against his parent club.
Rickie Lambert has found his feet at Anfield now, and his ability to bring team-mates into play so cleverly will really test the visiting back four. So will the pace of Raheem Sterling and the guile of Adam Lallana.
Liverpool have come under fire this season but things look on the up. If they win this game, beat Manchester United and Arsenal and reach the Champions League knockout stage and Capital One Cup semi-final, then Brendan Rodgers will be able to shut up those critics.
If Sunderland are as stubborn as they were against Chelsea , and bearing in mind Liverpool’s creative limitations at home this season at times, this will be a tricky afternoon…….they could make it awkward.
- Liverpool have won their last three meetings with Sunderland and have lost just one of the last nine.
- Sunderland have not won at Anfield since October 1983, a run of 15 games (D7, L8)
- Liverpool are aiming to win three Premier League matches in a row for the first time this season.
- The Reds have kept just three clean sheets this season.
- Their current tally of 20 points after 14 games is seven fewer than they had at this stage last season.
- Liverpool’s last five Premier League goals have been scored by five different Englishmen.
- Sunderland are without a win in their last four league games – and have only won one of the last seven.
- Two of their three wins this season in all competitions have come away from home.
- Lee Cattermole has been booked in five of his last six Premier League appearances.
- Liverpool have won five and lost just one of the last nine Barclays Premier League meetings with Sunderland. They are 1.52 to win
- Seven of the last 11 goals Liverpool have scored against the Black Cats were netted by Luis Suarez (and two by Daniel Sturridge). With Suarez gone and Sturridge injured, Sunderland are 7.0 to keep a clean sheet
- Sunderland have won none of their last 15 league trips to Anfield (W0 D7 L8). The draw is 4.5
- Last season, Brendan Rodgers’ side scored 20 Premier League goals during December with 10 of them scored by Luis Suarez. Under 2.5 goals is 2.08
- No English player has scored more Premier League goals in 2014 than Steven Gerrard (13; level with Wayne Rooney and Daniel Sturridge). Gerrard is 2.87 to score
- The Liverpool captain has scored one and assisted three more in his last three league games against Sunderland. He is 7.5 to score the first goal
- Liverpool are looking to win three league games in a row for the first time since their unlikely spell of 11 successive wins earlier in the year. They are 2.36 to win half-time/full-time
- Each of Liverpool’s last five Premier League goals have been scored by five different Englishmen. Jordan Henderson is 4.2 to score
- Liverpool’s players have made 20 errors leading directly to a goal or attempt this season, more than any other side. Sunderland are 1.74 to score a goal
You can get that MASSIVE ODDS OFFER……..HERE
Our suggested best bets…….
Don’t forget our opening offer…...Get up to £200 In FREE Bets….get that below…..
Check out our Premium Service
Two levels of entry……..you can go monthly with us or annually?
Monthly…….£10 for the month……blimey, you know our results and the number of +£500 betting return slips YOU have posted on here or our FACEBOOK LINK represents a nominal charge?
Annual……..£75…..just over £1/week….enough said!
FREE stuff?…….Yes we’ll put some of our FREE advices on our FACEBOOK LINKS but our strongest advices go out to our members…
How it works?
It may not be a daily service, but you will receive our information via our PRIVATE NEWSLETTER at least once per week. Obviously you may need to adjust YOUR spam settings to make sure you receive it….and to keep you posted on FACEBOOK, we’ll let you know when a newsletter has gone out?