Manchester City v Crystal Palace: Premier League
The early kick off sees Manchester City v Crystal Palace with the Citizens no fit recognised strikers available. Sergio Aguero (knee), Edin Dzeko (calf) and Stevan Jovetic (hamstring) all ruled out.
Captain Vincent Kompany is another absentee with a recurrence of a hamstring problem. Crystal Palace forward Marouane Chamakh is out with a similar injury.
City have just recorded a run of five straight Premier League putting them back into the title race and within touching distance of top spot – victory by four goals or more this Saturday would, at least temporarily, move the Citizens above Chelsea, with the Blues not playing until Monday night.
Champions League victories against Bayern Munich and Roma in the past four weeks mean that Manuel Pellegrini’s men have won seven straight matches heading into this weekend.
The peculiar decision for a club of City’s wealth and stature to enter the season with only three recognised strikers is now coming to light, with youngster Jose Pozo set to start his second game of the season this Saturday.
Expect Pellegrini to delve into the transfer market this January, with rumours of a loan swoop for another New York City player, David Villa, doing the rounds this week.
The Eagles arrive in Manchester this weekend having lost only one, but also won only one, of their last five Premier League matches, with the aforementioned Liverpool and Tottenham results accompanied by defeat at home to Villa and draws against Swansea (a) and Stoke (h).
Marouane Chamakh and Wilfried Zaha are doubtful having each been substituted in the second half of last Saturday’s game against Stoke due to injury.
- Manchester City are enjoying a six-game winning run against Palace in all competitions.
- The Eagles’ last win over City was a 2-1 home victory in December 2001, in a second-tier match. It’s 19 years since they beat them in the Premier League.
- Palace have not won at Manchester City since December 1990. Ian Wright scored the Eagles’ second in a 2-0 win at Maine Road that day.
- Manuel Pellegrini’s side are unbeaten in their last seven league games, taking 19 points in the process (W6, D1).
- They have scored in 13 successive Premier League matches, the longest run of any side this season.
- The opposition have taken the lead in three of the seven league matches at the Etihad Stadium this season.
- Four of the five league games City have failed to win have been against London opposition. They drew with Arsenal, Chelsea and QPR, and lost to West Ham.
- City have kept clean sheets in four of their last five games in all competitions.
- Crystal Palace have won only one of their last 10 Premier League matches (D4, L5).
- Three of those draws have come in the last four matches.
- The Eagles have won just one of eight away matches all season and are winless in their last five (D3, L2).
- Fraizer Campbell scored three goals in two Premier League games against Manchester City last season, while playing for Cardiff.
- Five of their last six fixtures have featured fewer than 2.5 goals.
If there are to be goals then they’re likely going to come from City’s midfield, and if there is one midfielder in the history of the Premier League that you’d like to have your money on then it has to be Frank Lampard.
No arguments. Back Lampard at odds of 2.5 to score this Saturday and move clear of Thierry Henry on to 176 goals in the list of all-time Premier League top scorers.
And if you’re looking for a big priced flutter, then Lampard 1-0 at odds of 40.0 in the Scorecast market is worth a nibble.
If your’e a new customer……..you can even get City @4.0!!!!!!
Don’t forget our opening offer…...Get up to £200 In FREE Bets….get that above…..
Check out our Premium Service
Two levels of entry……..you can go monthly with us or annually?
Monthly…….£10 for the month……blimey, you know our results and the number of +£500 betting return slips YOU have posted on here or our FACEBOOK LINK represents a nominal charge?
Annual……..£75…..just over £1/week….enough said!
FREE stuff?…….Yes we’ll put some of our FREE advices on our FACEBOOK LINKS but our strongest advices go out to our members…
How it works?
It may not be a daily service, but you will receive our information via our PRIVATE NEWSLETTER at least once per week. Obviously you may need to adjust YOUR spam settings to make sure you receive it….and to keep you posted on FACEBOOK, we’ll let you know when a newsletter has gone out?