Saturday Championship Preview
Saturday’s Championship Preview starts at The Keepmoat with Lee Clarke’s men hoping to keep their away form going…..
Doncaster v Birmingham City
Birmingham won 2-3 at Millwall in their last away game, before reverting to type at St Andrews last weekend. Their home/away record is now becoming so obvious that it’s almost impossible not to profit from it – yet once again they are available to back at a very appealing price on the road.
Put simply, you oppose Lee Clark‘s men on home soil and you back them away from home. Birmingham have now failed to win any of their last 15 league games at St Andrews, and they’ve won seven of their last 13 away games, all at odds of 3.0 or better.
Brum are rock bottom of the ‘home’ league table, and they are in the top eight of the ‘away’ table. So once again I’m a little surprised that they’re not a bit shorter to win at lowly Doncaster.
Perhaps the reason for Birmingham’s appealing price is the fact that Rovers are on an excellent run of form at home themselves, winning five and drawing two of their last seven league games at the Keepmoat Stadium.
But ability-wise we don’t think there’s anything to separate these two sides and are more than happy to keep supporting Birmingham on the road.
Bournemouth v QPR
Eddie Howe’s Bournemouth are making a late charge towards the play-offs and won’t be fearful of a relatively out of form QPR coming to Dean Court on Saturday.
Bournemouth have won six of their last eight league games, taking 19 points from a possible 24 in the process. They now sit just five points behind the top six and know that only a win against Harry Redknapp’s men will keep them in the hunt for promotion.
The Cherries have been particularly strong on home soil of late, scoring five against Doncaster and four against Leeds in two of their last three games in front of their own fans.
QPR have won just four of their last 12 league games, losing five of those matches, and this is not the time to start losing momentum despite them looking very safe for a play-off spot.
It looked as though they were starting to turn the corner again but failure to beat woeful Blackpool on home soil last Saturday was a huge disappointment. Given the current form of the two clubs, Bournemouth have to be the call.
Bournemouth DOUBLE CHANCE @ 1.85
Watford v Burnley
Watford were one of the teams that spoilt our weekend seven days ago when they thrashed Sheffield Wednesday away from home despite not winning on the road for over five months, but at Vicarage Road the Hornets have been in superb form of late.
Giuseppe Sannino‘s men have won five and drawn one of their last six home games, and in the last three of those matches they scored an impressive 10 goals in total.
Burnley lost their unbeaten home record last week, and may again be without their two main strikers Sam Vokes and Danny Ings, and that’s perhaps why were are getting a decent price about Over 2.5 Goals landing here.
But the Clarets are more than capable of scoring goals on the road – eight in their last three away games – and I can see this being a very entertaining affair with plenty of goalmouth action.
Burnley will be keen to get back to winning ways as quickly as possible and that sets this game up to be an open encounter.
- The sides played out a goalless draw at Turf Moor in December.
- Watford are unbeaten in the last five meetings, though they have won only one. Burnley’s last win was 3-1 at Vicarage Road in February 2011.
- Burnley have won only one of the last four meetings at Vicarage Road, drawing one and losing two.
- Watford have lost only one of their last four games, winning two and drawing one.
- Watford have won six of their last seven home games in all competitions, drawing the other one. Their last defeat at Vicarage Road was 1-0 against Reading in the Championship on 11 January.
- Burnley lost their last game 2-0 against Leicester at Turf Moor last Saturday – their first defeat in the Championship since Boxing Day.
- Burnley have conceded only 33 league goals so far this season – the joint-fewest in the Championship with QPR.
- Burnley are unbeaten in their last eight away games in the Championship, winning four.
Plus….Don’t miss out on Betfairs….MASSIVE OFFER GRAND NATIONAL OFFER TODAY!!!!!!
BETFAIR have two massive new customer offers this weekend:
- Refund if YOUR horse doesn’t finish The Grand National….plus a £2o FREE bet
All new customers who sign up this weekend will be automatically OPTED IN on the Sportsbook homepage in order to qualify.
The standard £50 free bet offer still applies to new customers this offer is on top of that.
<<<<<Grand National Refund Bet!!!!>>>>>>
Please ‘LIKE’ and ‘SHARE’ our FACEBOOK PAGE for all latest sports news…….for all NEW ‘LIKES’….get a £30 FREE matched bet and £5 per week to bet with at <<<SKYBET >>>
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.